The company was established as far back as June 1974, when Antonio Ciotti and Carla Ficola started the auto wrecking and scrap iron business in Deruta. The business quickly gained a large market share, and the need to increase the workforce soon arose: some family members joined the business and in 1981 F.lli Ciotti s.r.l. was founded.
The company currently covers an area of 30,000 square metres with a covered surface area of approximately 2700 square metres. The company is ISO 9001-2015, ISO 14001-2015, ISO 45001-2018 certified and complies with Regulation (EU) No. 33/2011.
The company is enrolled in the waste management register in categories 1-4-5-8, transports hazardous and non-hazardous waste as licensed, is a car wrecking centre authorised under no. D01600 and a waste collection and storage centre authorised under a regional decision.
F.LLI CIOTTI S.r.l. bases its CORPORATE POLICY on the desire to operate in compliance with the general principles and technical and compulsory standards on environmental protection, quality, safety and health of workers.
F.LLI CIOTTI S.r.l. believes that a responsible management of quality, environmental and occupational safety issues arising from its activities is of the utmost strategic importance in order to guarantee the Company’s success in the medium and long term.
Alongside the constant attention to customer needs, F.LLI CIOTTI S.r.l. guarantees in-depth analysis and constant monitoring of the company context, i.e. all the strategic, environmental and safety aspects, internal or external, that can influence or are influenced by the company’s policy and activities.
In order to translate the general principles of its corporate policy into prescriptive and governing documents for its activities, it has structured its management system according to the requirements of the following standards:
þ UNI EN ISO 9001:2015 þ UNI EN ISO 14001:2015 þ UNI EN ISO 45001:2018 þ EU Reg. 333/11.
ISO 9001:2015 QUALITY POLICY
F.LLI CIOTTI S.r.l. considers:
- its EMPLOYEES as its main strategic resource and guarantees the respect of their rights and the protection of their safety, implementing every possible action to prevent accidents, considering personnel training and prevention as the most effective tools to reduce risks
- its SUPPLIERS as partners to whom it transfers the obligations provided for by the above-mentioned standards, particularly with regard to the protection of workers’ health and safety;
- its CUSTOMERS as a fundamental element of its success, making every effort to ensure their satisfaction and trust.
With these premises, the Management of F.LLI CIOTTI S.r.l. considers itself directly committed to:
- Identify the stakeholders to and from the aspects emerging from the context analysis and assess the corresponding impacts, positive or negative, on them.
- Carrying out an analysis of the critical conditions arising from the context analysis to identify the related risks and opportunities; monitoring these risks and for each of them preparing actions aimed at reducing and/or maintaining them.
- Conduct all its service delivery activities in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations aimed at environmental sustainability, worker health and safety protection and quality management;
- Continuously analysing the impacts that its activities have on the environment and on health and safety, in order to ensure every effort is made to define prevention and continuous improvement actions, also through the use of technologies that reduce environmental and economic risks and impacts;
- Developing and maintaining company know-how through training and education activities for all personnel, so that the professional growth of workers is guaranteed and the necessary skills are provided to ensure service compliance;
- Spread awareness of the presence and relevance of the Integrated Management System through the continuous involvement of personnel, as a fundamental lever of competitive advantage, using the “team game” and fostering a climate of collaboration among all.
- Consolidate relationships with existing customers and seek out new customers, through a solid delivery of high quality services and continuous monitoring of customer satisfaction levels.
- Involve the supplier base by promoting and implementing processes and procedures for continuous improvement of service characteristics;
- Achieve general objectives to ensure continuous improvement of the Integrated System, define appropriate indicators to assess the degree of achievement and consequently verify the adequacy of the Policy in order to adapt it to any changed requirements that may emerge. These assessments are carried out during the Management Review, planned, as a minimum, on an annual basis.
- Appoint the Integrated Management System Manager, giving him/her the necessary authority to assist the Heads of Functions in the implementation, application, verification and constant improvement of the Integrated System in all activities.